Re-Elect Shelley Mayer on November 6
Shelley Mayer is the Democrat who was elected be the New York State Senator for District 37 on April 24, 2018. The April election was a Special Election to fill the seat vacated by George Latimer when he was elected Westchester County Executive.
Who is my New York State Senator?
- Enter your address into this form to find out who your New York State Senator is.
Register to Vote
Am I registered to vote?
- If you are not sure whether you are registered to vote, use the "Are You Registered to Vote" tool to check.
How can I register to vote?
- If you are not registered, or you have recently moved into New York Senate District 37, you can register online through New York Register to Vote. The whole registration process takes approximately 5 minutes.
- Or you can click here for a downloadable Voter Registration form in English and Spanish.
- When is the deadline to register to vote for the November 6 election?
- October 12, 2018 is the last day to mail (postmark) a registration form
- October 12, 2018 is the last day to register in person at the Board of Elections (25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY)
- October 17, 2018 is the last day for the Board of Elections to receive a mail registration form
Where is my polling place?
Find your location here
In New York State, you may vote using an absentee ballot if you meet any one of these conditions:
- Will be are unavoidably away from the county on the day of the election, November 6, 2018
- Are unable to go to the polls due to illness or disability
- Are a patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital
- Are detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony
Here are the New York absentee ballot forms:
What is the deadline if I have to file an absentee ballot?
- October 12, 2018 is the last day for a board of elections to receive application for Special Federal absentee ballot if not previously registered
- October 27, 2018 is the last day to send out a military ballot
- October 30, 2018 is the last day to postmark application or letter of application for general election ballot
- November 5, 2018 is the last day to apply in person at the Board of Elections for an absentee ballot
- November 5, 2018 is the last day to postmark ballot
- November 6, 2018 is the last day to deliver an absentee ballot in person at the Board of Elections
- November 13, 2018 is the last day for the Board of Elections to receive an absentee ballot by mail
- November 19, 2018 is the last day for the Board of Elections to receive a military ballots by mail
If you have any questions or would like any assistance with registering to vote or voting by absentee ballot, please call us at 914-627-9988.